Back to Blog

Nexgard – The Leading Tick and Flea Prevention

Nexgard – The Leading Tick and Flea Prevention

Are ticks and fleas effecting your furry friend?

Part of living with a dog in the Kimberley is having to deal with ticks and fleas. When your dog gets infested, it can not only be extremely irritating for them but can cause other health issues.

The Brown Dog Tick is the most widespread tick in the tropics and sub-tropics of Australia. Whilst low numbers of brown dog ticks generally cause few health problems in dogs, high numbers of brown dog ticks may cause skin irritation or dermatitis, and can sometimes cause anaemia, or even death.

Fleas reproduce at a fast rate, with the female laying up to 50 eggs per day! 95% of the flea population live in the environment where your dog lives and sleeps, with the remaining 5% actually living on them. It can take anywhere between 2 weeks to a few months for the egg to become an adult flea so it’s important to wash your dog’s bedding regularly.

Click here for more information on ticks and fleas.

Effective year-round tick and flea control is now as simple as giving your dog one NEXGARD® Chew, once a month. It is proving to be our top selling tick and flea treatment and is the only oral product available that treats both.

The Nexgard chews are available in 1 month, 3 month or 6 month packs for a large range of weights.



Ongoing promotion  – Buy a 3 month pack and receive 1 month FREE!!


Come into the clinic and ask our reception staff to help choose the right size for your dog.